Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plan for large yard

Posted by rookie24 none (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 12 at 22:25

I have a very large yard (5 acres) with very little landscaping or trees. I am at a loss of how to plan this area and what I should do. Does anyone have any experience with large areas like this? I am looking for some ideas to get started. The only landscaping I have is literally around the house. I have a windbreak planted on one side of the property line but the trees are still really small (3' tall). Can anyone give me advice or direct me to some articles or something?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plan for large yard

A very large yard landscape might have a patio,a fire pit,a pool match waterfall,a pergola,some fluid curve step sidewalk,different color shrubs combination.different high trees... you select.

o
RE: Plan for large yard

Unless you have nothing else to do in your life but garden or have enough money to hire your own gardener I'd suggest "carving" out what would typically be a medium to large city lot and let the remaining area serve as naturescape. Since you're lucky to have all that land, the area that you actually landscape IMO shouldn't cut off visually the remaining acreage.

You didn't mention having horses so I assume you don't. Do you have any criteria that might need area allotted for?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here