Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blank canvas, need help with front of house landscape design

Posted by Rebeccamom123 6,7 MA (My Page) on
Wed, May 21, 14 at 23:08

Now that our inside is just about complete, thanks to some great advice from gwebbers, we've finally decided to focus our time and attention (and limited budget) to our curb appeal. My DH spent all last weekend pulling out old, dated and overgrown shrubs so I now have a beautful stone wall and blank canvas to landscape. The house faces north so we get nice morning sun and afternoon shade. We are in Massachusetts which I believe is zone 6 or 7. I should also mention we are re-doing the front steps with composite wood and white railings. I would also consider changing the paint color of the front door to better accent the landscaping.

My absolute favorite plant/shrubs are hydrangeas and i prefer to keep it simple and easy to maintain. I would also like some sort of small flowering tree. I am open to any/all suggestions and would love to see you work some photoshop magic with my photos!!

I'm excited to hear all your great ideas!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blank canvas, need help with front of house landscape design

Here are a few other angles....

o

To the right you can see the shrubs we removed....

o

Last one...

o

The photo missing is the all important, square-on shot taken from the street, centered on the entrance area, also showing space at each end and the entire front yard.

o

Thanks, Yardvaark. New to this forum, so that is helpful to know! I'll re-shoot some photos and post back here shorlty. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here