Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What size planter to use

Posted by danell 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 0:47

Forgive me I really did not know what forum to post this in yet I'm sure you guys and gals will have a good answer for me. I found what looks to be several nice swan planters on-line and need to know if one is deep enough to plant Yarrow Summer Pastels. I don't know how much these spread or how deep the roots but I know they get about 24 inches tall. The planters measure:
1) 22W x 11D x 16T
2) 21W x 11.5D x 15H
3) 28 W x 16D x 22H

How many Yarrow plants could I realistically plant in each? The shorter ones will probably look best on site. Thanks and I look forward to your replies.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What size planter to use

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 20:23

In my experience, plants are happier in larger containers, though all of your dimensions would seem adequate. I don't have direct experience with Yarrow, but I'd attempt 3 plants per pot, plus something to trail over the edge.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here