Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stepping stones

Posted by dinosaur1 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 19, 11 at 1:15

I have a small area leading up to our cement patio and I would love to add about some stepping stones. I need some help in determining how to place them.

Here's a pic.
https://picasaweb.google.com/pewaukeedp/PatioPics?authkey=Gv1sRgCMqEv4yspvrLVw#5505410981748632002

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stepping stones

What can I use to cut around the stone before digging?

o

I just excavated a row of stepping stones that I had installed 8 years ago, using the method described above (cut a hole in lawn, place stone level with ground). The grass had overtaken them completely, I'd forgotten how big they were - they made a nice retaining wall material :)
Any pro want to comment on how to keep stepping stones in a lawn visible, or are they generally an un-practical, high-maintenance thing?

o

Here is a new pic!

https://picasaweb.google.com/pewaukeedp/Jun24201103?authkey=Gv1sRgCKWBkfGrqsGOmwE#5621974005515463570

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here