Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karinmarie_gw

Cypress Trees for Colorado??

karinmarie
13 years ago

I am trying to figure out if there is anything that looks like an Italian cypress tree that will grow well in Colorado. I am looking for something that has that tall slender shape. We planted five Sky Rocket Junipers as accent trees in the front and every time we get a good snow, they are leaning over and several branches are poking out every which way...not at all a graceful looking spire shape like the Cypress! The Sky Rockets are heathy and I would like to transplant them somewhere ...just not where they are a focus.

It seems I have seen some kind of evergreens that are very tight foliage and trimmed/shaped to look like Cypress but not sure what they would be.

We also planted a row of seven Swedish Aspen at the end of our driveway. There is only one left that looks okay...foliage only goes half up on two others and completely gone (dead) on all the other ones. Bad choice so I am also looking for some kind of privacy screening at the end of the driveway as we will be taking all of those out this summer.

I think we are in Zone 4....East of mountains and West of Denver.

Comments (3)