Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hey all!

Posted by rosessecretgarden (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 2, 10 at 2:10

hey friends!
if you get a chance to renovate your garden design? what would you choose? any dreams?
i like to give oasis look to my garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hey all!

I'd like to have twice the acreage I have now, with about half of the new part in woodland. A nice variety of native woodland wildflowers and interesting shrubs. Galax. Native orchids. Solomon's seal. Lady's slipper. Enough ferns to satisfy my soul (might not be possible).

And I would magically change the two huge rhodies next to the carport from purple to white -- as well as change the azaleas so they aren't all different (clashing) colors! And magically banish all the Bermuda grass! And the poison ivy. And the wild onion. And the Carolina horse nettle. And the greenbriar. And the Japanese honeysuckle. And the multiflora rose. And the trailing wild raspberry. And the dodder in the creek bed. And all the Bradford pear seedlings.

Oh wow.

Then there are the do-able but far in the future changes: ripping out the narrow, sunken front walk and replacing it with a wider, curving walk farther from the house. Expanding the bed on the other side of the walk. Figuring out a better way to deal with the change in ground level on the north side of the house from the front to the walk-out basement.

Figuring out what to do with the "valley" ("swale" doesn't begin to describe it) between the rhodies and the cherry trees, which becomes a creek with any good amount of rain.

Regrading the entire backyard so the lawn slopes evenly from the house down to the pasture fence. Well, I think we'll have to put that one in the "magical" category too!

*sigh* If I know what's good for me, I'll go move the dwarf mugo pines to the new bed....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here