Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help - Landscaping using flagstone

Posted by lakemayor 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 13, 10 at 6:52

My son gave me flagstone that her took out of a walk. A lot of it is smaller pieces. I have purchase about 20 larger pieces. I want to built a sitting area around a fitpit with a walk coming off my front deck. (We live on a lake)so the front is the lakeside.

Would someone share pics of landscaping projects they have done using flagstone.

I don't really know how to lay it either. Our ground is really wet (high water table). Any suggestions????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help - Landscaping using flagstone

Wet ground that freezes in winter, which I presume it does in zone 5, probably requires a pretty thick base of crush gravel and then sand, else you will have mondo frost heave.

You can get books on how to build patios, probably at the library, the bookstore, landscape supply yard, or check out at the big box store.

KarinL

o

Thanks Karin, Have you worked with flagstone and do you have any pics?

o

Lakemayor, if you go to yahoo.com or google.com and do a search for "flagstone patio" (without the quotes), you will get hundreds of pics.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here