Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
software

Posted by inkognito (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 11 at 8:49

Wait until Ideashare gets his hands on this.....

Here is a link that might be useful: you tube

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: software

Well I thought it was cool.

o

I've tried my hand at projection mapping a couple times, not at this level of quality - kind of a fashion thing here. Google Battle of Branchage if you want to see another big project of the same kind.
Now how would this be applicable to landscaping? Perhaps you'd like to project a garden gnome in your neighbor's neo-functionalist yard?

Here is a link that might be useful: New Year 2011

o

I can just imagine built up, urban downtown shopping sectors transforming into cool, verdant forests at nighttime. Speaker systems can imitate the sound of wind rustling through the leaves and the calls of unseen wildlife. If you are unable to create a park distinguished geographically in a city, creating a purely temporal experience of a forest may be your best alternative.

- Audric

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 12, 11 at 4:54

I liked it!
I wonder where this will go?
Lotsa possibilities on what this can be projected on.
Mike

o

More stuff can be found at vjforums.com at the Inspiration thread (Gardenweb wont let me post the link). I found something similar to what Audric described, but it was shameless commerce by Samsung, and somebody did just the opposite and projected a helicopter on the cliffs of Dover.
We (me and DH) were asked to project on a forest, as part of a performance, they asked if we could make the forest move... we had to say it was beyond our means both technologically and financially.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here