Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karen47401

South side of house design?

karen47401
11 years ago

Ok trying to post picture again. Just joined Flickr. I had posted the other day about what to do with several speciman plants.

From L-R, are:

small lilac bush (I believe it is a dwarf variety)

holly bush (way to close to lilac and going to the neighbor)

bleeding heart (amazing it is surviving here but it is relocating to the north side)

lilac bush

The space is appx 27 feet wide and we would like to cover the meter (behind bleeding heart) and the radon tube if possible.

We were thinking of putting the burning bush in front of the meter and the spartan juniper in front of radon tube but couldn't figure out what to put on either side of those plants that would tie it together. I really don't even know if burning bushes would look right against the color of the house though.

Another thought is to put another lilac in front of meter and globe arborvitaes on the insides of the existing lilacs and the spartan juniper in front of radon tube so it would be:

Dwarf Lilac, Globe Arborvitae, Lilac, Spartan Juniper, Globe Arborvitae, Lilac

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80073773@N02/7168960737/in/photostream

We also have the following plants:

(1) Cardinal Red Twig Dogwood

(1) Spartan Juniper

(1) Moon Glow Juniper

(2) Wine and Roses Weigela

(2) Mugo Pines (accidentally bought the big ones - didn't realize they didn't all stay little)

(1) Dwarf Burning Bush

(2) Golden Globe Arborvitae - may plant these on either side of the air conditioner unit.

(2) Japanese Red Maple

(6) Nemerosa East Salvia

(6) Blue rug Juniper

We have almost half an acre with very little landscaping around yard so any ideas you have for those plants are appreciated too!!!

Thanks all we sincerely appreciate your help :)

Here is a link that might be useful: picture of side of house

Comments (10)