Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Landscaping/Grading Issue

Posted by auggie1020 Atlanta GA (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 11:15

Hi All: I hope the attached pic appears. I was wondering if anyone had ideas on this small area outside my kitchen door. We have an acre corner lot but this little 25 by 25 ft section up against the house has been a bugger to deal with. If you can see from the picture, the water curls around the granite that the BGE sits on (I placed the containers on top of the path to highlight the path of water) and collects right in front of the kitchen door where the little path ends. There is a lot of water that collects there, which seems to be the low point of this area, but it may be only a couple of inches lower than up against the house. How can I grade/plant/change the area stop the collection of water right here. I would rather not install a drain because that would entail cutting 40 feet of driveway to install properly. It does not get much sun and I really just want low maintence and for the dirt to not run off. Thanks for any ideas!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Landscaping/Grading Issue

Does the ground go up in the area in front of the green bucket? Is there a small berm following the contour of the patio?

Looks as though you need to lower the area in front of the purple and green buckets so that the water will flow over the large paved area (driveway?). Also, after you have properly graded it away from the house, I'd plant the whole area in a ground cover so that you do not continuously have soil or mulch washing away.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here