Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_brown_gw

Brick house landscaping

sarah.brown
11 years ago

I just bought a house and I would like to put some plants out in the front that would really compliment the bricks of the house. I have never gardened before so maybe plants that are good for beginners. I desperately need help.

Comments (11)

• duluthinbloomz4
    11 years ago

First, clean it up and/or clean it out. Clearer, close up pictures posted again here or on the Name That Plant forum could identify what you've got quickly and tell you what's worth saving and either replanting in the planter or elsewhere in the yard.

A head on full picture of the whole yard, taken from the street would be helpful, too.

Nice brick, nice Craftsman-style house. Where are you and what direction does the house face?

• designoline6
    11 years ago

Does the house face south?are you from Z6?I change the sidewalk,the bed ...all,you select.you could check in my pics in other thread too.

• designoline6
    11 years ago

This a other design opinion.

• inkognito
    11 years ago

Are you there Sarah? You can ignore the Disney land renditions but karin asks some pertinent questions and this way creativity lies. It is an interesting house and I think you could go beyond even "complimenting" to accentuating. Clean it out and post some more pictures.

• aloha2009
    11 years ago

Please ignore inkognitos rudeness. Sadly this childishness continues on.

I agree with Deluth's suggestion of finding out what you have the may be worth using elsewhere. The covered patio screams, come stay awhile and visit. Your house is very cute as is in it's very rough stage of landscaping. When you're all done it will look magnificent.

I like Design's rendition with a small ornamental tree in the front. How wonderful to look out from your covered patio. I would do fewer under plantings though.

A pic of the house straight on would be nice too. Are you looking at only plants or are you open to hardscaping changes?

• designoline6
    11 years ago

This forum have improved some,post any pics easily.
    aloha2009,thank you for the comment.there are tired something sometime for many years.I always ignore it.
    don't cut this thread interesting,I continue.

• designoline6
    11 years ago

I like add a patio too.

• aloha2009
    11 years ago

Design the OP's covered porch doesn't need an additional patio in front. I commented on the tree because besides enhancing the brick as requested, a tree in front would enhance the view from the inside for those sitting on the porch.

Still hoping Sarah will post additional views.

• designoline6
    11 years ago

Just some advice,or is it nice adding a J-maple?

• designoline6
    11 years ago

curl line wrap it.

• designoline6
    11 years ago

other ideas.