Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peachymomo_gw

Landscape Question

peachymomo
13 years ago

I am planning on landscaping my front yard and IÂm having trouble deciding on some of the plants. I am putting in two long raised beds in front of the fence, the one in back will be a foot and a half taller and twice as wide as the one in front. The exposure is mostly 6-7 hours of sun, but one end gets only 3-6 hours. I am putting in a hedge of Heavenly Bamboo in the very back, it should do well in both sun and shade. In front of that I want to put a row of Rose bushes in the tall bed and a row of Tree Roses in the short bed, the colors will be mostly yellows with some red and pink blends.

Where it is too shady for roses I need some sort of substitute that will follow the same color scheme and have a similar form. I need 2 Rose Bush subs and 3 Tree Rose subs, I am considering Clove Currants for the bush subs because although they wonÂt be as showy as the roses they have yellow fragrant flowers and I like edible landscaping. The Tree Rose subs are harder, I thought about Camellias but I already have 4 of those and they are way bigger than tree roses. Maybe a single, small Japanese Maple would be good, but I donÂt want all three to be maples because IÂd like the other two to bloom.

Suggestions please?

Comment (1)