Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landscaping ideas and Curb Appeal

Posted by Scris11 Michigan (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 14:09

The front of the house was overgrown with huge shrubs that we had taken out when we moved here and we are just now getting around to doing some outside work and landscaping.
I am needing some ideas for what to do and plant in my landscaping, I would like to include a tree.
We want to use some rocks/boulders as the border for our landscaping. They are all about 12-15 inches in length and are calcium white.
As far as the fence on the left hand side goes, at this point I don't want to do anything past the end of the house because we are going to be adding on an addition.

Thank You in advance for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landscaping ideas and Curb Appeal

Schris-
MI zone 5? Me too.
I can see a rose of sharon bush between the bay window and the little one to the left. Under the bay, some miniature fragrant bushes-Miss Kim lilacs maybe- would only grow about 4' high and could be pruned to stay under the window. If fragrance isn't important, another idea would be barberry bushes. They would add color during our long winters and can be pruned into behaving under the window. The white stones would be a nice contrast to the red of the barberry. On the garage side of the porch maybe something evergreen-dwarf alberta spruce or golden tipped boxwood?
Be sure to allow for spread of each and then you still have the ability to plant annuals for a splash of color in front of the bushes each year.
Just a couple of ideas-
MM

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here