Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kmack17

Incorportae Blue Spruce in to Landscape

kmack17
11 years ago

Hello, here's a picture of the left side of my house and yard when looking at it from the street:

{{gwi:26755}}

The landscpae is obviously lacking and I'm trying to put together a plan for me to tackle this fall. I really like Colorado Blue Srpuce trees and want to incorporate at least one in to the design. I don't want it to get much taller than 15', so I was thinking of planting a Fat Albert Spruce in the center of the 32' fence. My thought was to have this tree come out a little further than the bed is currently cut and flank it with 2 somewhat smaller evergreens with yellow foliage. I want to achieve some level of privacy from the street without shading out the grass and garden that grow just on the back yard side of the fence. The house faces west, so a 15' tall tree would only provide afternoon shade, which would be ok. In front of whatever yellow evergreens I choose, I would plant smaller plants with a variety of colors (mostly reds, probably). Any thoughts on this plan or suggestions on what trees or plants I should use?

Comments (3)