Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Time out to enjoy....

Posted by nandina 8b (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 14:53

Today I found a delightful book of garden essays free on Kindle. HICKORY ROAD RAMBLINGS by Barbara Jean McHugh, a garden writer living in NC. As you know, Kindle freebies come and go quickly. Hope it remains free for a few days for you all to enjoy as the thermometer creeps upward.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Time out to enjoy....

Got it Anne. Thanks for the tip, I will let you know what I think of it.

o

Going to grab my hands on that book asap. :) Will let you guys know of my reviews.

o

The photographs are amazing, really moody and shows a good eye for detail, the text not so much. I think it would have been better presented as a picture book with insightful captions as the text is cliche ridden. Maybe non gardeners will enjoy it more but I think her writing style shows none of the artistry of her photos and tries to hard to disguise that with cliche.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here