Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for computer softward for design..

Posted by rosebacopa2 4MN (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 15:19

Hi,
I am a master gardener who is helping a friend with a design.
Just wondering if anyone knows of a simple software program which will help to generate a professional looking plan of gardens.?
a I really appreciate any help!

Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for computer softward for design..

Lynn, I am using Realtime Architect Pro. I have designed on a drafting table for over 30 years, and just converted to computer design this year. I am thrilled with the capability of the software. It does everything that much more expensive software can do. It's price is around $400, and the products I reviewed were over $1000.00. I researched it quite a bit, and think it is the best bang for the buck hands down.

I think trying to use "simple" and "easy" is a trap. It took me about 60 hours of trial and error to figure out how to use the software, but the tech support was incredibly helpful, and when I got competely stuck, a phone call always resulted in getting me through. Simple and easy, I don't think would have the capability to produce highly professional designs.

You may be much more computer savvy than me, so your learning process may be easier. Good luck, hope the input helps.

o
RE: looking for computer softward for design..

If you don't need to have it as precise as you would if you were doing this for a living, you may want to look at Showoff.com. It's free and has helped us out a lot! We've changed things around a bit at times because of how it looked ultimately. It's a fun and easy enough tool that provides a reasonable look of the end product. For most homeowner applications, this is more then you'll need IMO.

We submitted some mock ups of the yard to the HOA and they were VERY appreciative.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here