Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to plant around waterfall, I need ideas

Posted by jcolbert 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 11 at 17:03

We have a water feature that seems disconnected with the landscape. What could you recommend for plants to naturalize the feature and help it to blend? There is currently a small Japanese Maple on the left side of it that I'm also unsure what to plant underneath.
If you can help I will email a photo for you to look at. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to plant around waterfall, I need ideas

Go for a walk. Find a place where there are naturally occurring waterfalls: observe, take pictures, sketch and then you will know as much as anybody.

o

YOu email a photo for I to look at

o

You don't need to email anyone a photo - post it here, or on the gallery side and let us know it's there, then people can look at it and comment.

But for starters, a pathway to a place to sit next to the water feature might help.

KarinL

o

To post a photo (or a link to a photo) in the Landscape Design forum you'll have to have it hosted somewhere online -- for instance, at a free site like Photobucket.

Here are some instructions about posting photos from Photobucket:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/conif/msg0618461330709.html

I believe that when posting to the Gallery, you can post the photo directly from your computer.

In either case, what you see in Preview is what you'll get in your final post. So if the photo is supposed to be visible in your post, it must be visible in Preview: if you can't see the photo, something's wrong and you'll need to try again. If you're posting a link, click on the link in Preview: if the link doesn't go where it's supposed to, you'll need to try again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here