Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honeysuckle 'Peaches and Cream'

Posted by MsMorningSong 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 30, 11 at 21:18

Hi everyone!
Can someone help me with information on this plant. Most importantly, is it evergreen in my zone? (9B) How fast does it grow? I really need a hedge - like yesterday. Similar problem to lady who had privacy and then a house moves in facing your
privacy area.
Any advice on other hedges that fast grow and evergreen? I want to keep a tropical look, so don't like anything cedar or pine. Thanks kind folks :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honeysuckle 'Peaches and Cream'

According to this vendor, 'Peaches and Cream' is evergreen:
http://www.ballhort.com/Nursery/plant_info.aspx?phid=039500001020477

More info here:
http://www.stargazerperennials.com/Honeysuckle_Peaches_Cream.html

It looks like it's a bit on the small side. I've never grown it, and have no idea if they're being conservative about the size.

I'm most familiar with the dreaded Japanese honeysuckle, which you don't want (it is horribly invasive and will utterly take over your entire property -- and no, this is not an exaggeration). There are many other quick-growing and larger honeysuckles, but I don't know if any of those are evergreen.

o

TYSooo much Obvious-I didn't find those links. That is terrific for me!! Wheee!! You made my day-I knew I came to the right place to ask that ;)

o

You're welcome. I added "lonicera" (the part of the Latin name that refers to all the honeysuckles) to the search terms as well as "honeysuckle" and "peaches and cream." That eliminated most of the matches for the yarn named "peaches and cream" or other flowers with that name.

If you don't get more responses here, you might try cross-posting in the Florida forum and maybe the tropical forums.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here