Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garden bench and plants

Posted by kss1956 massachusetts (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 14, 10 at 6:22

Good morning,

I haven't found an attractive all weather garden bench yet. Also, what plants can I put in each side of the bench? I love receiving ideas from other gardeners!

Have a wonderful day,
Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garden bench and plants

My garden bench, on our island, and it's only pvc, although it's been reinforced underneath as concrete statues, are extremely heavy..
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

o

Hi Karen- I'm in MA also, and I know what you're asking. I have had good luck at "antique" stores, one in Holliston in particular. Also, at the Brimfield fair there is a vendor who has loads of really gorgeous, high quality garden items, mostly made from stone. Let me know if you want the name and address of the store in Holliston. Also, garden shops have some nice options. Good luck!
-Donna

o

I put an island between my house and my neighbors. I put 2 benches in it. 1 facing her house and 1 facing mine. We both have a dog that we take out between the 2 houses.

Here's another view:

And another view:

o

Awww; what a lovely island, yard and dog! And how thoughtful of you. :)

o

I was at a friend's house the other day, and she has the nicest little bench on her deck. Someone made it, it's not like in the pics above, it's just flat, with no back, but has built in planters on both sides...I really like it. I took a picture of it, hubby is pretty crafty, and I'd like him to build me one!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here