Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landscape Designer/Architect Recommendation

Posted by aniam 6aPA (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 12 at 9:03

Hello,
I am looking for recommendations for landscape architects/designers in Philadelphia. I am particularly interested in professionals who specialize in designing urban gardens (with all the space and light limitations urban conditions tend to offer...).
Many thanks for your insights.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landscape Designer/Architect Recommendation

It is difficult to obtain meaningful referrals from a forum that essentially has a world-wide audience :-)

My suggestion is to contact your local chapter of the ALPD (Association of Professional Landscape Designers). This is the closest thing to a nation-wide certification program for landscape designers and there are many highly talented designers that are members. I've attached a link that you can search for individuals by zip code.

As when hiring any professional, you will want to interview with respect to aesthetic compatability, ability to communicate easily and scope and acknowledgement of finished work, either via a portfolio or viewing actual properties.

Here is a link that might be useful: APLD member search

o
RE: Landscape Designer/Architect Recommendation

Hiring designers for your garden can help in managing the best designs that you wanted to plan.

Here is a link that might be useful: Love My home

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here