Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pam29011

Result of $13k Grading Work

pam29011
12 years ago

I've asked several questions about this project on here, so I thought I'd share the final (intermediate) results. This is just the backyard but the work he did in the front yard wasn't as dramatic. The $13k was to grind down 30+ stumps from the trees we had removed & grade the site with fill & cover with loam. Backyard dimensions are 175' long and 125' wide.

First shot is what the yard looked like 1 year ago. The white dog is about 32 pounds, if that helps give you some scale (a little taller than a beagle, and about 15x as fast).

Second shot is a view of the yard from the front right corner. That sort of shows how the ground slops, as does the next one. Final shot is of a flower bed that will go in between the 2 largest oaks. I know that the 3-in-1 tree is typically not a stable arrangement, but the tree guy said it looks really healthy (he used a crane to check it out) and it's absolutely massive. I couldn't bear to cut it.

Next up is finalizing the border of the bed, moving plants in there, raking the yard to smooth out the little ridges from the dozer blades, and getting some grass started. So it isn't final, but it's a LONG way from where it was in October!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63981892@N02/sets/72157626967884515/