Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
who was that tv landscape guy?

Posted by mom2edna 7- Charlotte, NC (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 2, 10 at 16:49

Years ago when I lived in MN there was a landscaping tv show (it was before HGTV was sooo big) and it *might* have been on PBS.

The guy really taught the thinking behind how he created his beds. Most every show showed him using his spray can on a stick and curving them out, then jumping over a driveway or sidewalk to continue the curve. And he always put the plants out in the pots so you could see HOW it would look. And he always talked about planting in odd numbers and how to arrange them for different types of plants, etc.

what was that show? Is it still on? I want to think that the mans name was Tony or Terry, but I could be wrong.

It's been driving me nuts for months now.

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: who was that tv landscape guy?

I can picture him in my mind but not the shows name.. Yeah he was really good with the spray can.

o

• Posted by laag z6CapeCod (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 2, 10 at 20:01

Gary Allen

o

Yeah....and the spray can was about the only thing he was good with. Uninspired, unimaginative design and with a minimal, very boring plant palette. Show is no longer on the air.......thank goodness.

o

Only to be replaced by HGTV and the likes of Gonzo Gardening with Jamie Durie.

o

And King of Dirt with Gino Panaro. I couldn't even make it through an episode of that.

o

Gino Panaro...can't stand that guy! And I DO like my landscaping shows!

o

Lot of green here and not the environmental kind! Fu-get about it! Gino's the MAN!

The dude with the spray can inspirational and entertaining.

You have to be able to relate to the mass audience -- your client base--- not to other Green pro's.

o

• Posted by laag z6CapeCod (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 8, 10 at 20:40

I'm not sure but possibly Gary retired, moved to China, and now shares ideas on the web using photoimaging.

o

LOL!!

o

Finally, a plausible explanation...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here