Houzz Logo Print
ehunt123

wondering how to stop water pooling in a specific spot

ehunt123
9 years ago

Hi,

Picture attached but there are more here:

http://imgur.com/a/E02pT#0

We just had a big storm pass by in the past hour, dumping a ton of rain all at once, but the problem pictured happens with anything more than a drizzle. Pictured is a low point of the sidewalk (city owned) and my hell/easement strip. The concrete, done in the early 70s, sinks down in a specific spot, but has not seemed to dip lower. The problem, though, is you can see where "erosion" has started to occur on the berm/bump I have prepared for some plants I'm about to get. I am wondering how I could either divert or alter where the water pools, as it has already taken some of the soil away and will continue to do so. I don't plan to have any plants on either side of it, but at the top. Should I just wait until there are plants on top, when they establish and improve the soil structure? Can I put some of the black plastic landscape edging to help divert it away? Since the city owns it, unless it's destroyed to he point a pedestrian could not traverse on it safely, it's my problem. I once inquired with a contractor who does concrete, and they wanted almost a thousand to repair, which sounded steep but also way too much for a small problem like this.

Thanks.

Comment (1)