Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Screening ideas needed

Posted by justin_h635 OK zone 7a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 19:46

Was wondering what some ideas would be as far as screening the tank and electric from the views shown. Flowerbeds, shrubs, grasses, etc. On a hill. Lots of wind.

Was thinking Viburnum but we are not the best at choosing. Thought it would be fun to hear some expert opinions.

photo DSC_0002_zps4cd156a2.jpg

photo DSC_0001_zps2d9147ee.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Screening ideas needed

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 22:50

These are views from your home? You see these exact views from the window?

o

No, that is not the view from the house. The second pic is from the driveway on the side of the house (or the view to the side as you drive up).. First is looking well off to the side of the house from the back porch.

o

I know on another forum it boiled down to "how to screen a yellow submarine" . Someone here will be able to help you out, but living here in hilly, curvy,wooded New England I admit to being baffled by the challenge.

o

There was a time (quite long ago) when I thought that the way to handle these types of items was to completely screen them with shrubs. Then I began seeing what monstrosities the shrub screens, more often than not, tended to become. If these things were not here, what landscaping would occur in this space anyway? Would it only mowed grass or would something else be added for another reason? BTW, the pictures are too close up and do not give a sense of what's nearby. Could you add another picture taken from a distance ... like 80' or 100' back? It would be helpful to know the context ... what's around ... rather than that they appear only as elements in an open, disconnected field.

o

Yes, please add a photo or two that shows us some context.

Perhaps one from through a window, where you're most concerned about the view from inside; and then another photo showing your house in proximity to these.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here