Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What did you plant around your septic tanks?

Posted by grullablue 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 9, 10 at 23:38

Looking to mask ours... to those who have dealt with this, what did you do? Do you have any pics? Would like to hide them as much as I can, but they obviously need to be accessible. Quite an eyesore they are! But I try not to complain too much...my mom has a mound system....and right in her front yard! Yikes!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What did you plant around your septic tanks?

Ours has several types of shrubs over it. We have two openings that the septic pump can easily reach.
There is a Smoke tree/shrub, Rhodies, Hydrangeas, Camellia, Barberry, some Daylilies and a couple smaller scrubs.
I had plans to reorganize the plants this spring but other things got priority!

Since it's next to the shop we at least have that as a background for the shrubs. Septic guy said what we have there is no problem as long as he can open the caps. Our leach field is 20-30 ft from the tanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: pic

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here