Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help to cover a fence in a tight lot with slanted line

Posted by janine09 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 23, 12 at 9:13

Sounds fun, right?
Basically in a very tight lot (NJ) and neighbors have put an ugly 4ft fence right smack on the line. The property also sharply juts into our yard, almost at 45 degree angle so this is not a nice visual. They were also kind enough to put a pool int, so we have that view from upstairs.

Anyhoo, does anyone have landscaping suggestions for privacy but also to not further encroach into our space? I think we'd have to do something in that one corner to downplay how sharp it juts into our property..maybe bushes and then ivy on fence in that last section.
Thanks in advance, really not sure how many options we have to make this look better.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help to cover a fence in a tight lot with slanted line

Too complex for just words. Please show it. Several view maybe.

o

Don't have pics right now unfortunately. Basically if you face my backyard (standing on the patio facing the back),the property line to my left goes at 45 degree angle until it ends at a point in the left cornerr which has the visual of appearing 1/2 way into the my yard. Now picture an ugly 4 ft fence on that line. I need to cover it but can't use huge bushes/hedges as it is narrow and claustrophic to start.

I'll try to work on pictures later...thank you!

o

What kind of fence is it? Chain-link, wood, vinyl? Are you friendly with the neighbors?

If it's chain-link, you can get slat things that insert into the fence and does make them look nicer, or at least recede from view somewhat. If it's wood, maybe you can paint it. Both of those options would require chatting with the neighbors and getting approval.

If it's vinyl, I think you might be stuck with it. Although, I suppose there's some paint out there that you can use.

o

If it is by chance a chain-link fence,check out the link below. I think these people came up with a fantastic and very creative solution to turn their eyesore into something beautiful.

http://aubreyandlindsay.blogspot.com/2010/06/privacy-screen-project-final-reveal.html

o

Sniteiu's great link below. What a transformation this couple did.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chain link fence/addition of lattice panels

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here