Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seriously need help with front yard landscaping

Posted by jillb z6 OH (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 8, 10 at 10:20

Ok, this is going on 5 years already and I do not know what to do with the bed in front with the Linden tree - see photos. Also think I want to pull out the peonies in the beds with the cherry trees - love the flower but way to messy and look awful after flowering. Any suggestions for a low maintenance replacement that will keep with the feel of the yard? Front yard faces east with sun from morning until about 4-5 o'clock. Help!

Click here to view these pictures larger

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seriously need help with front yard landscaping

There are not many plants less demanding than peonies! They are hardy and long-lived. Their bloom time is short, but I find the leaves stay healthy and full, making a nice foil for later blooming plants. They do get powdery mildew late in the season, but that's purely aesthetic and by then it's usually time to cut them down to the ground anyway. (Watering early in the day or keeping irrigation water off the leaves does help deter PM. I have also found Serenade Garden Spray effective against many bacterial and fungal diseases - it's a beneficial bacteria, OMRI-approved, and Bayer has just come out with the same produce under the label "Natria.")

Please explain why you feel yours are "messy" and how they look "awful" after flowering.

o
RE: Seriously need help with front yard landscaping

your maintenance work is good,but maple,juniper,bush are more easy,I add some for you.
Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: if need more designing

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here