Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katrina_ellen

Suggestion for one additional plant

katrina_ellen
11 years ago

Hi,

I am posting on this site because I value the knowledge of landscaping design. I know something about interior design and am thinking the two have many similar characteristics. I have a concrete patio - not too pretty but it is what it is. Approx. 6-7 foot to the left side of the patio runs the fence line. I want to extend the planting by the fence line to the same length as the patio extends. At this point I have 5 emerald green arborvitaes planted along the fence line which screen my neighbors side door from the patio. At the end of the 5 arborvitaes I planted a summer wine ninebark which will get approx. 5 ft. tall and 5 ft. wide. Now I want to plant one more plant next to the ninebark which will extend to the end of the patio if I plant something that gets approx. 5 ft. wide. Should I plant another summerwine ninebark alongside it, or something else that has a different color or a different texture? The only other planting I have in the yard is a large colorado blue spruce that is planted by the back fence line and takes up most of the space in the very back. Thanks for reading this and thanks for any advice!

Comments (4)