Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I would like help designing front yard

Posted by sammyneedshelp So Calif (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 7, 10 at 12:52

I have a blank slate to start with, the house faces West and gets full sun all afternoon.I live east of San Diego where the temperture gets about 10 degrees warmer. We want to keep the space on the right accessible to the backyard via trucks etc. The bank on the right is actually the neighbors property so not REALLY concerned with doing anything but keeping it cleaned up. We do not want grass any more, were thinking of going with "low maintenace" desert/rock look with succulants and drought tolerant plants.IE meandering dry creek bed or some type of plant islands?? I have a bench and old antique garden tools to include here and there. I would like some color and would like to use pretty ceremic pots for some plants. I have a picture of a yard I like near by that I will try to attach along with my house. Any help would sure be appreciated!! I am very tired of this being a neighborhood eyesore! We had 2 giant messy silk oaks removed and cleared everthing else out at that time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I would like help designing front yard

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 9, 10 at 0:43

Hire a garden designer, landscape consultant or garden coach to come out and look at what you've got, help you get what you want.

o

sammyneedshelp, we can't see your photos. They need to be on a photo-hosting site like Photobucket (or somewhere on the Internet). If they're only on your PC or in your email, you'll be able to see them, but we can't. All that shows up in your post is the text. This is a fairly common problem.

Here are GW's photo instructions; I haven't done it myself, so I can't tell you more than that.
http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/pepper/2002072150000611.html

Good luck.

o

Hi Sammy,
I agree bboy about hiring someone to help you with the design - you'll save money in the long run and have a better result in the short term too. Why don't you go meet the folks who have the yard you admire and learn more about it - maybe they can recommend a designer!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here