Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sammyneedshelp

I would like help designing front yard

sammyneedshelp
13 years ago

I have a blank slate to start with, the house faces West and gets full sun all afternoon.I live east of San Diego where the temperture gets about 10 degrees warmer. We want to keep the space on the right accessible to the backyard via trucks etc. The bank on the right is actually the neighbors property so not REALLY concerned with doing anything but keeping it cleaned up. We do not want grass any more, were thinking of going with "low maintenace" desert/rock look with succulants and drought tolerant plants.IE meandering dry creek bed or some type of plant islands?? I have a bench and old antique garden tools to include here and there. I would like some color and would like to use pretty ceremic pots for some plants. I have a picture of a yard I like near by that I will try to attach along with my house. Any help would sure be appreciated!! I am very tired of this being a neighborhood eyesore! We had 2 giant messy silk oaks removed and cleared everthing else out at that time.

Comments (3)

• Embothrium
    13 years ago

Hire a garden designer, landscape consultant or garden coach to come out and look at what you've got, help you get what you want.

• missingtheobvious
    13 years ago

sammyneedshelp, we can't see your photos. They need to be on a photo-hosting site like Photobucket (or somewhere on the Internet). If they're only on your PC or in your email, you'll be able to see them, but we can't. All that shows up in your post is the text. This is a fairly common problem.

Here are GW's photo instructions; I haven't done it myself, so I can't tell you more than that.
    http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/pepper/2002072150000611.html

Good luck.

• ilikemud_2007
    13 years ago

Hi Sammy,
    I agree bboy about hiring someone to help you with the design - you'll save money in the long run and have a better result in the short term too. Why don't you go meet the folks who have the yard you admire and learn more about it - maybe they can recommend a designer!