Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help bad

Posted by geri-lyn CT (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 15, 10 at 13:54

Ok..I'm here in Ct. Single mom TRYINg to make a backyard for my little girl. I had a BIG slopped hill with two big trees in it. Cut the trees down-got a company ( ithought who was good) to build a retaining wall and level off the bottom half of the yard to put swing set, shed etc...after the wall the put a bank. Went away on vacation and came back to a nightmare. the rain run-off destroyed the steps)made from railroad ties. The wall 5 feet high 40 feet long -this company put ends on it and went out two blocks maybe three and the rain goes right off the ends of the wall down the steps and the other side tearing up the bank...I can send pics if need. i am sitting here crying. Did email the company (not sure what they are going to do to help) But i need suggestion and love this site...to what to tell them to how to fix this MESS.????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help bad

Yes, do post photos. People will be able to give much better advice when they can see exactly what the situation is.

Hopefully this is mostly just bad timing from a heavy rainstorm.

Since it sounds like there's a slope that will need to be stabilized with some landscaping that will keep the soil from washing out in future storms, please also tell us:

= your USDA zone (or your location in Connecticut); you can input your zip code here and find out your zone:
http://www.garden.org/zipzone/index.php

= which direction the back of the house faces.

= how much sun/shade the slope gets (if it's not obvious from the photos).

= approximately how much rain there was (if you have any idea).

= what's above your property (if it's not obvious from the photos).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here