Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stamped concrete or regular pavers

Posted by garde_newbie_2010 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 6, 10 at 14:40

Hi,

i'm wondering if anyone knows which one is more cost effective for a walkway, stamped concrete or regular pavers? for example, stamped concrete that made to look like red bricks vs real red bricks themselves? thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stamped concrete or regular pavers

Garde,

Are you interested in cost or aesthetics? Pavers don't crack and can be salvaged if you change your mind. JMHO Aloha

o

real red bricks is soft too,stamped concrete is better.maybe your designer design different style garden pics for your selecting.

Here is a link that might be useful: if need different style design garden pics

o

I've read about a lot of people who went with stamped concrete and then were unhappy with the look of their patio or walk. So it might be a good idea to look at a few completed projects similar to what you have in mind before you fall in love with the price (and no, I have no idea which costs less).

You might also try a Search on this forum for "stamped concrete."

o

I think stamped would be cheaper BUT make sure you see some of their work. It is not easy to make look good, takes experience. I have seen some beautiful work and also some crap. Brick/paver will give you more variety to choose from.
Paws

o

• Posted by laag z6CapeCod (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 10, 10 at 7:25

Lehua13 brought up a great point. Although stamped concrete ran about 10-20% cheaper last time I checked (compared to standard pavers), there are a few negatives not the least of which is that it is permanent and when it breaks it is broken. The biggest complaint I hear is from people who find that it is often very slippery.

There are now so many people with some training who are laying pavers that the cost of installation and availability of qualified installers makes it much easier option than years ago.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here