Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Design Help for slope/berm please

Posted by Windhaven 5- Midstate IL (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 20:24

I posted this first in the conifer forum and this will give the background. http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/conif/msg0823221820421.html?5

With the help of the advice given in that posting, I believe that I need to work on defining and enlarging the area and raising the front of the bed with landscape rock or boulders. I've seen some great ideas and advice on this site and would love a little input here. Thanks in advance!
 photo 20130721_154949.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Design Help for slope/berm please

I suggest you provide another picture that is taken from squared up with the house face and back a distance so that the sides of the yard show. (Or pan the camera from that point showing left, center and right shots.) This presumes that you are concerned about the overall presentation the front yard makes and not just one spot in it that ignores all things around it.

o
RE: Design Help for slope/berm please

Yardvaark,
Thank you for your input. I took a few pictures today but not very good I'm afraid. The house sits on a corner, on a very large, double lot. Ironically enough, most of the yard is planted, lots of trees and color but not much right in the front where this dilemma resides. I'm leaning towards thinking that I need to enlarge the planting area into somewhat of a large boomerang a to use large rocks to bring up the south edge of this planting bed. The house faces south so the whole bed will be south exposure. Today I ran into a neighbor taking down their large pond and I'm going to get enough rock for this project. I've used similar rock in my gardens (limestone I think, as shown in the last photo.)
Any ideas?

photo 20130804_175204.jpg

photo 20130804_185127.jpg

photo 20130721_153829.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here