Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crissyd_gw

Catch Basin, French Drain or Dry Well??? HELP!

crissyd
11 years ago

I have a circular driveway with a round flower bed in the center (oval shaped)Apx. 7'x 22'.... The grade of my driveway slopes toward this flower bed, plus some runoff from the roof making the soil mud and water. We are in FL, so we are getting tons of rain and it has no place to go. 3" below the surface is standing water and it is killing my plants. Before I move forward I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice. I have dug a trench to lay rock and a perferated 4 1/2" pipe (and sock) and have a catch basin that can be pumped out by hand when necessary. There is no way to put in a drain to the street without replaceing my large driveway. (As per an installer) Would anyone make any other suggestion before I move forward? Would a dry well possibly work, the water has no place to go as it is. Under normal conditions, this area is just wet, not muddy and completely saturated. I have started this project over 3 times now.. My attempt at a 4"x4" rock border (wrapped in landscape mesh) with a 2'x2'x2' rock bed to catch the main waterfall off of the house only worked for 1 storm, but the following day there was standing water everywhere.. Thank you!!

Comment (1)