Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Need ideas for children's vegetable garden

lavender_lass
13 years ago

I wanted to get some input on two areas. One is for children under 10 years old, with a potager style of four slightly raised beds 3'x5' each. There will be 4' grass paths between the beds, in a cross pattern. This is part of a larger garden, but for this area, I want to stay with non-toxic plants that will be easy and fun for the younger children.

The main area is for children 10 and over, with four large beds, about 8'x8' each. I would like to have corn, potatoes, pole bean teepee, some squash, pumpkins, melons and tomatoes, along with some onions, garlic, zucchini and lots of bush beans and peas. It would be nice to have some flowers along the edges of the garden and maybe some fruit...raspberries or grapes.

In the younger children's area, I want to have some hopscotch stones. I'm thinking of a Peter Rabbit theme. For the older kids, I'd like to have the bean teepee, maybe a scarecrow and possibly some kind of arbor with a bench under it...maybe for gourds. Does anyone have any other ideas or even better, maybe some pictures?

Comment (1)