Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Installing new roof, suggestions on color?

Posted by dazraf80 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 12, 11 at 10:37

Hello,

I am installing a new roof and would appreciate any suggestions on colors for the shingles (or suggestions on how to select a color). Thanks! (I consider the roof as part of the Landscape in a sense, hope that is okay)

file:///sdcard/download/downloadfile-4

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Installing new roof, suggestions on color?

It might be better to take your question over to the redecorating or remodeling forums on the home site here.
You should probably be a little more specific about some qualifiers first though...

What is your budget?
What other exterior changes are you contemplating?
Is this your forever home or do you expect to move in a few years?
What part of the country do you live?
Do you have special considerations ( eg. heat, tornado, snowload, wildfire, community covenants)?
What is your personal taste ( eg. conservative, modern, traditionalist, conformist/individualistic, colour preferences )?

o

Is the house facade stucco? And have you thought about beefing up the front entry? Just curious.

Simply dealing with the OP's inquiry about color for roof shingles and putting aside all kinds of things that get in the way on the road to making a choice...

1. Roof shingles do have a life span; perhaps dazraf's home actually needs a new roof - or at least a shingle-over.

2. Staying or eventually selling (from the previous post re; regrading the back yard this is a previously owned but relatively "new" home to the OP) a house needs a roof in good repair for a raft of obvious reasons.

3. Asphalt composition roof shingles are probably the least expensive and most commonly used.

This is one question I, too, would take over to the Home Side of GardenWeb - there are some people on the Home Decorating forum who are quite good with color combinations and photoshopping. Have seen lots of threads dealing with roof colors. Be specific in your request as mentioned above though, lest you get the house and door colors changed along with the addition of shutters and window boxes.

o

Thank you, I will do just that! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here