Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with designing a low 'seperation' wall ...

Posted by toffee1 z9/sunset z15 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 29, 10 at 13:40

I am trying to add a low (say 18"), narrow (12"?) and about 25ft long wall to separate my flagstone patio (pinkish) from the grass area. I shall try to upload a drawing and photo. But basically it's the house, connected to flagstone patio (10ft x 50ft), then grass. On the other side of the grass facing the patio/house is a raised flower bed by round rocks about the size of basketball.

The little separation wall will be used to put flower pots on to of it and occasional sitting too.

What method and material should I use that will mesh well with the pink flagstone, green grass and gray/brown rocks?

I am debating woodform/stucco vs woodform/flagstone vs same round rock as bed vs just redwood ....

I am open to all ideas.

Thanks for helping.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with designing a low 'seperation' wall ...

I like that wall is smooth "S" shape,shrub and rock mix,increase some nature,soft separate wall.the house should not separate from the garden very much.it is afford too.

o

How about a wall made of the same pink flagstone, or a concrete block wall faced with and topped with the flagstone.

Make it wide enough to sit on.

o

#2 sounds cheaper.

o

I like lazygarden's idea of concrete blocks then stucco the sides with flagstone top for seating. Since it's a seating wall, the height is like 16", do I need to worry about a footing?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here