Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do under a bay window

Posted by harmonyfarms 7b (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 3, 06 at 16:30

We have a bay windo in our kitchen which we love. What we don't like is outside. Under the window is just our lovely Carolina Red clay. What could I do under it? Should I plant? Put lattice? Build something? It just looks odd. Off to the left of this area is our new and HUGE AC unit. Give me your wonderful ideas!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do under a bay window

Take digital pictures of the area, print them out and play with ideas by drawing a variety of things (lattice, a lattice structure that continues along to disguise the a/c unit, etc) on the picture, or making separate pieces that you can move on and off the picture to see what you like best. This way you can develop a plan that you can implement in steps--what's first, etc.

Life is so much easier with digital photography and printers--when we bought our house 20 years ago, living with the problems and envisioning the solutions in our (my) head, was the way to go.

o

I saw a photo of a serving bar that was built below the window, but there was also a large patio so it made sense. The bar was built deep enough to function as a serving area for drinks and food. With no patio underneath your window, a serving bar might look out of place, but you could use it for a potted plant arrangement. Would a potting bench be appropiate in the area?

Can you post a picture?

o

I took a picture. See what you think---any ideas?

Photo 1
[Url]http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos2244/4/70/82/91/47/7/747918270405_0_ALB.jpg[/url]

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo 2

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here