Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sculpture for my dream landscape

Posted by adriennemb z3/4 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 27, 11 at 17:05

When I win a million dollars, I am going to buy some of Floyd Elzinga's iron sculptures for my garden.

images-13 To show scale... 3708119035_c303eebcac_m

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sculpture for my dream landscape

Nice!

I've always been partial to Mary in a half shell or if you're from the rural Midwest Mary in a tub.

o

Hee. At least it beats pink flamingos and garden gnomes...

o

I just bought a gazing globe for the daylily bed (the back corner daylily bed, I mean, as opposed to various other beds which are mostly-or-completely-daylilies, as well as a couple of beds with mostly not daylilies ;-D).

Well, anyway, yes, I confess to being the proud owner of a red gazing globe in a bed of yellow, orange, brown, and red daylilies. [I'd have preferred a gold gazing globe for a better match with the flowers, but unfortunately they don't sell gold gazing globes.]

o
RE: Sculpture for dream landscape

OK, how about this from Clare Scott-Taggart? Better than a pink flamingo.
july20_oeno_1-1

o

Here's another sculptor who does some very imaginative work, some of it being "garden art"...

Here is a link that might be useful: Newmanic Tribe

o

When my ships sails in I'd like to purchase a couple of pieces from Marcia Donahue and take a trip to S.E. Asia to pick up some hand carved stone for placement in the garden.

Marcia Donahue - ceramic -

From Dalbokia land aug. 2011

From Hortisexual Marin Tour 2011

From Hortisexual Marin Tour 2011

Private home in Sanur , Bali

From Bali

Wall piece next to a dipping pool

From Bali

I would not mind a 'bale' ( pergola like structure) either , along with the dipping pool and carved wall piece

From Bali

o

Interesting that our art choices may perhaps reflect our personalities. Isabella is wry, mto is contemplative, yardviser is visual and
dear d-d seems to be a real sexy mama at heart:) Now I wonder what ink would say about that ceramic pitcher plant?

o

My taste tends towards the rustic or even wabi sabi although there is something sensuous about a perfect sphere amongst vegetation. An orb in a bush, so to speak.

o

Check these guys out, Bainbridge Island, WA. I've been drooling over their book for a few years.

adrienne, thanks for introducing me to Floyd Elzinga's work. The cones are amazing. Off to find more.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lewis and Little garden art

o

@ ink - An orb in the bush is worth two in the hand?
I like that link, rosie. Especially the gunnera leaf fountains.
I need more money and a bigger yard (sigh).

o

Silver orb-ilicious

o

• Posted by mjsee Zone 7b NC (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 5, 11 at 15:46

When I win the lottery I want one of Mike Roig's kinetic sculptures and some of Mark Hewitt's big pieces. Roig's work linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mike Roig available pieces

o

Oh yeah, those kinetic sculptures and heroic bells are definitely awesome!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here