Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Catmint fight

Posted by sweetwilliam89 5b (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 23:54

My better and I are having a fight (well actually more of a mild discussion) about catmint getting scraggly. In the past we�ve had a relatively small patch of catmint. Over time my wife came not to appreciate it much as she thought it was too scraggly. She tends to prefer plants that are neat and tidy. She surprised me tonight by she thought we needed to get a big patch of catmint. That it would make such a nice background. She�s thinking that the problem we ran into and why she stopped liking the catmint was because we had it in too confined, too small an area. I�m thinking if we get a BIG patch of it then it will just become a BIG area she doesn�t like the looks of. So I�m looking for advice to settle the great catmint fight.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Catmint fight

I think you are probably right. You can trim them down to keep them from getting quite so scraggly.

o

My garden cats give mine a hair cut and then they lay on it so it has a scraggly smashed appearance. They have fresh breath and it makes them attack each other. I grow it for them so it rarely looks great.

I wonder how many cats in your area would be attracted to a big bed of cat mint??

o

Some catmint stays low growing and others get tall, be sure you know which one you are talking about.

Jim

o

Our cat is an indoor girl, but there are three that wander the neighborhood (tantalizing the poor dog when she sees them prowling our yard) and, knock-wood, they never seem to bother my catmints. When I prune it back after bloom, it stays tidy and blooms again; if I don't it gets scraggly and flops all over the place.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here