Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brick paver edge border question

Posted by dspillman z5 OH (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 26, 10 at 4:40

I'm in the final stages of rebuilding a paver patio inside an irregularly shaped rock garden. The old paver bricks were cut to shape along the rocks. The rocks seemed to settle causing the edge bricks to move and the patio deteriorated over 15 or 20 years. Many bricks cracked so I started over with new bricks and a new foundation. I've changed the paver layout to incorporate a border and have left a gap to most of the rocks. Most of the gaps are too small to fit standard edging/stakes.
Pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/duncan.spillman/20101025#

Can anyone recommend what material(s) to use to close the gap beyond the border? Would concrete be a good selection? Would that hold the bricks in place over time?

Many thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Edge picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brick paver edge border question

• Posted by tibs 5/6 OH (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 26, 10 at 21:36

Plants. Like creeping thyme. Soften the edge.

o
RE: Brick paver edge border question

Creeping thyme is a great idea. There are cultivars with red, white, and lavender flowers, as well as different leaf colors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here