Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janine09_gw

Need help with vines and neighbor's chain link fence

janine09
11 years ago

I hope I can describe this - our property line which faces our neigbor is not straight and more like at a 45 degree angle (from our house to the end point in backyard). The property line is marked with the neighbor's ugly black chain link fence.

We need to plant for the fall (NJ 6a Zone), and our challenge is to cover the fence without further encroaching on our land at that furthest point in our back yard.

We have 2 schools of thought, #1 -shrubs on that furhest point to cover the obvious eyesore. This would bring immediate relief but also takes room on our side (creates a triangle backyard so to speak).

#2 - vine like Moonflower or Clementis which would hug the fence and hopefully blend with neighbors landscaping through the fence (not yet planted but is planned). We could put shrubs at the wider points in the property line (closer to the house). This would maybe tone down the property lines sharp angle into our yard, but takes a while to grow these vines and I'm unsure of how they will handle NE temps.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Comments (2)