Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soccermom1926

New virtual design service

soccermom1926
13 years ago

Hi all, I just wanted to log in here to tell everyone about a design service that I recently used. My husband and I are well seasoned owner/builders since we've built, landscaped and sold 6 houses in the last twelve years. Not by choice, but rather indecisive I guess about where we want to spend our "golden years". This most recent build is the last I hope (although I've said that before).

Anyways, in the past we've always used a landscape designer to help us with our projects because we have the willingness to do the work but no artistic ability. Our projects have always turned out fine but they barely resembled the original plan that we started with. This was a result of my not being able to visualize what the finished plan was going to look like. And of course these changes always ended up costing us more money than we budgeted for. My husband and I constantly fought about it.

So this last time around I decided to try a different approach. I found this virtual design service called www.photolandscapedesign.com (I think I found them from reading this forum, but can't be sure). The way they operate is you send them a picture of your bare yard and they give you virtual landscape ideas. Not sure if that makes sense, but essentially they show you what your yard is going to look like when complete. They did multiple views for us and were easy to work with. The owner, Bob (not sure of the last name) is quite an artist and seems really passionate about his work.

We found it quite easy to work from the "plans" they gave us, and the cost was considerably less than the LA we used in the past (not to mention the whole design process only took 3 days, compared to the 3 weeks we spent each time in the past). Additionally, I felt it was worth it because we made no changes to the design. So the project went smooth and fast!

Just a warning, their website needs a little work though. I struggled with trying to upload photos, and found it easier to just call them. It went smoothly from there.

I have lurked on this forum for years but never posted, but I can't help but think a lot of people on here would benefit from this service. So that is why I felt compelled to share my experience. Hey Bob, if you are reading this, your welcome, now do I get some sort of price break on our next project? LOL just kidding, besides there will not be a next project I promise! No more moving!

Thanks for reading!

Elaine

Here is the website and phone number (hope I'm allowed to post it)

www.photolandscapedesign.com

(928) 636-0200 (recommend calling vs. using the online form)

Comments (3)