Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsherr

What is included in cost of landscaping?

mrsherr
9 years ago

Recently my husband and I had some landscaping done at the front entrance of our home. I was very disappointed with the end results. I feel we were greatly over charged for what we got. The landscaping company came up with a simple lay out. They used liriope (which they took from another part of the property) to line our path, they planted 8 (1 gallon) hosta, 3 (3 gallon) itea, 17 (1 gallon) southern shield fern, topsoil, pine straw. They did not put in any new topsoil (but we were charged for it) and they had to come back to add the pine straw at our request - they charged us but did not originally put it in. Also, they did not grade, weed or clean up the area. They simply planted the plants ...and that was it. We were charged $988.00. I was shocked! This was a highly recommended and reputable company. Is this typical? I would love to post pictures of the area if people are interested. Could use any advise a professional may have to offer. Oh, and the hostas and itea look sickly and have from the beginning.

Comments (4)