Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ally_ld

When your garage does face front

ally_ld
16 years ago

Since my last post about walkway design and possible driveway change, I have read many great threads. I too have the "Welcome to my garage door" syndrome, and the builder's special, "the foreboding front step" syndrome.

At this point, since we have to rebuild our front porch as it is cracked and sinking, I am changing hardscape to probably bluestone (can't match the brick), re-designing the walkway using curves etc., and maybe, if I can convince my husband, re-designing the driveway that has always bothered me. The porch and walk is a definite. The drive if cost isn't to crazy. I hate our two cars consuming the front of our house. The boat is new this year and that's adds to the cluttered look. That, I think we'll store at a boat yard off-season and on the right side of garage during the the season.

Our garage does not have a door leading into the house so people do use our front door but to get there, they have to squeeze by our cars. All of this bothers me but again my family is fine with the present driveway situation.

Please look at the photo's and if you could share any suggestions, I would really appreciate your input. I took pic's with car in drive and then put my car on the lawn where it would go if driveway is changed.

Also, the step at the door into the house, do you think I could raise the front porch foundation thus eliminating that stupid step? If so, we might need to add another step onto the porch unless re-grading would work.

Thanks in advance,

Ally

{{gwi:51927}}

{{gwi:51928}}

{{gwi:51929}}

{{gwi:47302}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company