Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
resaspieces

Kansas City Front Re-do

Resa Eastwood
10 years ago

Hi! We're ready to tackle the landscaping in front of our new home (moved in this summer). I have some ideas, but it just dawned on me to post some pictures for some GardenWeb expert opinions!

We're in Kansas City, zone 6. South-facing home...full sun all day long. I was able to transplant a lot of plants from our previous home so have iris, daylillies & peonies already in the ground and can relocate as needed. The tree in the front perennial bed is a maple and has a hodge-podge of transplants in front of it.

The large bush to the right of the porch is some kind of lilac--and I would like to remove it along with all the dying yews. There is a slope off to the right that could use some large hardscaping with boulders etc., but we have never tried that before.

In front of the porch I think I want a blooming perennial bed with some substance (trees/bushes) for a frame/backdrop, and I'd like to stick to warm colors like yellow, coral, cream, etc. What I don't want is a cookie-cutter, suburban row of knock-out roses and burning bushes!

Floribunda roses? A weeping tree? Evergreens? So many choices, my head is swimming! Thanks so much for suggestions!

Full Front View:
{{gwi:52177}}

Just the porch, notice slope on the right:
{{gwi:52178}}

Close up of the mess of a bed (my dying pots are intermingling with the dead bushes...nice, right?):
{{gwi:52179}}

A little closer on the porch:
{{gwi:52180}}

Comments (5)