Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hannah82_gw

Question on types of stabilized DG for pathway

hannah82
9 years ago

Hello all!

My husband and I plan to install a DG pathway (approx. 200 sq. ft.) for our front yard. Initially, we thought plain DG compacted over roadbase would suffice, but research online seems to favor added stabilizers to avoid smooshiness caused by excess moisture. Now that I am researching stabilizers, there is a dilemma regarding whether to use pre-stabilized DG or liquid stabilizer, which is sprayed onto the surface after compaction. The liquid stabilizer (Technisoil G3 Pathway Stabilizer) seems to be a whole lot of money for a product that doesn't go very far or have much longevity; we would need THREE 5 gallon containers of the stuff ($79 ea.) for our modestly sized 200 sq. ft. path. That's almost $250 on stabilizer alone. There are also some negative reviews regarding its short life span, meaning one may need to reapply every year or so. At this point I'm leaning towards the pre-stabilized DG, but it is harder to find, and I'm not sure if it performs the same or better than the liquid type. Which product do you feel is the most ecomomical and durable in the long run?

Comments (4)