Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twolabs_gw

Need some help! How to hide pool equipment

twolabs
9 years ago

Hello all!

We're in the middle of a large project that includes a large all gunite waterfall/slide, a pool, and a raised patio that steps down to the pool deck area. Everything has been going great so far, until just a few days ago when they put up the panel that will house alot of the electrical controls for the pool, lights, etc. The pool equipment pad is somewhat hidden from the majority of the view from the pool, back porch, etc. However, this "panel" sticks out like a sore thumb. We've been told by the pool builder that this is the only place it can go because of the large amounts of pipe on the other side of the equipment pad.

So now we're going to have to figure out how to hide it. Right now, it seems our best option will just be to raise that section of the back fence from 4 to 6 ft, and then come in between the panel and that elm tree and enclose that area. I just thought I'd also see if anyone here has any other ideas. With lots of pipe about a 12-18 inches below the surface, I guess it would be inadvisable to plant any shrubs or anything in that area?

Here are some views:

From the backporch/living room
{{gwi:52607}}
From the breakfast table/future raised patio:
{{gwi:52609}}

View from above:
{{gwi:52611}}

FYI I'm in zone 8A

Comments (2)