Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to trouble shoot hadco landscape lights?

Posted by lewinsville none (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 28, 13 at 11:45

Our yard has some wired Hadco path lights, connected to a transformer inside the house. At some point the lights stopped working. How do I go about troubleshooting whether it's the transformer or somewhere along the wire (which is mostly underground)?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to trouble shoot hadco landscape lights?

If the entire bank of lights no longer work, the trouble will be near the beginning of the electrical path. Where the transformer plugs into the wall, check to see that the receptacle is operational. (Plug a light or something else into it to make sure it's working. If it is hard-wired, expose the terminals and check them with a voltage tester capable of detecting 110V.) Then, use an inexpensive tester capable of detecting LOW voltage at the OUTPUT terminals of the transformer to see if it is operational. If it is, then follow the wire to the first light and check for voltage. As soon as you find NO VOLTAGE, you'll know that the trouble is between that point, and AFTER where you last found operating voltage.

o
RE: How to trouble shoot hadco landscape lights?

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here