Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Design ideas for sloped backyard

Posted by gmanar 7b (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 15:59

Hi All,

We recently bought a home (still under construction). I would like to have a vegetable garden in the backyard. But it is a big slope.

I read a lot over the forums and am thinking terraced (may be 2 levels) would be the best way to go. I have attached the picture of my backyard for reference.

Any ideas, suggestions, designs, examples, personal experiences etc.. will help me a lot.

I dont want to spend a ton of money so i plan to do this by myself. I was planning on using the retaining wall block from lowes and build 2 levels - each level about 18" tall.

Please suggest.

Thanks and regards
gmanar.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Design ideas for sloped backyard

The photo you submitted does not do much to help show the lay of the land and how the site fits together. I suggest you back up and show the surroundings and maybe from an angle that actually lets us see slope. It might take more than one photo to give the idea. I suggest from top, bottom and side.

o
RE: Design ideas for sloped backyard

A terraced back yard can be lovely. I'm assuming the area will be used for show only and not for playing football and such. You could plant the terraces with groundcover roses, spreading evergreens, groundcovers (candytuft,veronica, prairie winecups), etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here