Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landscaping blocks

Posted by Creator none (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 28, 12 at 20:48

I am a regular user of concrete and I have been looking for reusable forms to pour my leftovers into to make landscaping blocks. I googled and found a product called Formablok, has anyone tried them before or can anyone sugest any other product?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landscaping blocks

Neat idea - they look like grownup legos!

That said.. meh. They're not attractive and for the effort, I'd rather go with a commercial SRW block. How much concrete are you generally dealing with that you're looking to get rid of? Several of the concrete plants around here empty the trucks into bigger (at least 3'x2'x2' if not bigger, it's been a while) molds with a semi-cheesy stone texture stamp on the side. While also not gorgeous, they have the advantage of sheer mass and can make one heck of a solid retaining wall. Techo-Bloc's "Monumental" is similar, and what I like about it is it doesn't require geogrid. Of course, those blocks are crazy heavy.

o
RE: Landscaping blocks

Thanks for your input, I have been looking for a mold that creates a block that weighs under a 100 lbs, but not to small or I will need to many of them. Even the tailings from the pump truck weighs over 300 pounds they leave me on site every time they cleanout.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here